Staff Job Composite
Program Director (Student Life)
Job Summary: Under general direction, coordinates programs for the Office
of Student Life; advises student organizations; oversees orientation programs; administers
co-curricular transcript program and serves as transcript resource.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform any and/or all of the following:
- Oversees and implements new student orientation; advises student organizations and
assists in their selection and training.
- Develops and implements multicultural social programs across campus to create community
and enhance retention; advises the International Student Federation and the Black Student
Alliance; assists in the development and support of a historically black Greek chapter on
- Oversees the co-curricular transcript program; ensures students complete tasks that are
recorded on transcripts; assists and trains co-curricular transcript advisors and mentors.
- Advises various student organizations and serves as fiscal officer; serves as Director
of Student Life during the absence of the Associate Director and Director; assists in
various programs and events.
- Participates in the National Association of Orientation Directors representing the
University and its students; performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of student activities and organizations
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal/human relations skills
- Project coordination and programming skills
- Group facilitation skills
- Ability to relate effectively with students
- Ability to operate personal computer
Education and experience equivalent to:
Bachelors degree; supplemented with two (2) years of related work experience.