- Tools and Downloads
Higher Purpose. Greater Good.
Showing "Higher Purpose. Greater Good."
Following are just a few concrete examples you can include in written copy about SLU that illustrate "Higher purpose. Greater good."
- Students, faculty and staff members cumulatively complete more than a million hours of community service each year.
- The University has been recognized as a character-building college by The Templeton Guide: Colleges that Encourage Character Development.
- SLU was named to the President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll for the sixth consecutive year in 2013. It is the highest federal recognition a school can achieve for its commitment to service-learning and civic engagement.
- SLU's chapter of Alpha Phi Omega, a co-ed service fraternity, is the largest in the nation per capita, as well as one of the biggest student organizations on campus.
- A recent economic impact study showed that Saint Louis University is the largest single developer in the Midtown area, with more than $850 million in campus improvements, enhancements and expansions during the past 25 years.
- The law school's legal clinics provide nearly 40,000 hours of free legal serve annually to the community.
- The John Cook School of Business offers several mission-driven certificate programs, including those in service leadership, sustainable business practices, and corporate ethics and compliance management.
- The Center for World Health and Medicine, inaugurated in 2010, pursues new treatments for neglected diseases such as malaria, river blindness and childhood diarrhea. These initiatives offer promising solutions for diseases that ravage the developing world.
- The Center for Sustainability continues to foster discovery through groundbreaking research with assistance from programs such as the Alberici Fund for Innovation, a $1.5 million commitment to seed cross/interdisciplinary research focused on creating solutions to the urgent sustainability issues facing society.
- SLU's Center for Global Citizenship encourage all students to develop as globally diverse leaders by using modern technology to connect local and international worlds.