The University's official brand identity -- "Higher purpose. Greater good." -- helps us communicate what's different about SLU - the University's DNA.
More than just a tagline, It embodies the Society of Jesus' nearly 500-year history of service for the greater glory of God. It also represents SLU's mission and touches on the things that make the University distinctive.
Below are some examples of SLU's brand brought to life through storytelling.
Following are some proof-points that you can include in written copy about SLU that illustrate "Higher purpose. Greater good."
- Students, faculty and staff members cumulatively complete 1.6 million hours of community service each year.
- The University has been recognized as a character-building college by the John Templeton Foundation.
- SLU is listed on President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, the highest federal recognition a school can achieve for its commitment to service-learning and civic engagement.
- The School of Law's legal clinics provide thousands of hours of free legal services to clients in need.
- The School of Medicine's student-run health resource center provides free medical care in north St. Louis.
- SLU is the site of the nation's first Campus Kitchen, a national leader in community service for students and is the future of hunger relief.
- The University is the founding and sustaining sponsor of Casa de Salud, a health clinic for immigrants.
- The Center for World Health and Medicine is pursuing new treatments for neglected diseases that ravage the developing world.
- The Center for Sustainability is seeking solutions for urgent environmental challenges.