- Web and Digital
- Using the CMS
- CMS Account Request Form
- CMS Help Request Form
- CMS Tutorials
- Log in to the CMS
- CMS Buttons
- Learn About the Interface
- Create a New Page
- Copy an Existing Page
- Edit a Page
- Pasting Text into the Body Copy Field
- Edit the HTML Code of the Body Text
- Check Spelling
- Upload an Image
- How to Edit Images
- Insert an Image in the Body Copy Field
- How to Add Padding Around an Image
- Upload a Document File
- Create a Link to a Document File
- Create a Link to a Web Page or E-mail Address
- Remove a Link in the Body Copy Field
- Publish, Hide or Delete Pages
- HTML Tables examples & links
- CMS Users Forum
- CMS Banner Request Form
- Web Development Best Practices
- Contact Web Services
Create a Link to a Document File
Follow these steps to link to a document on a page.
- In the Body Copy field, click and drag to highlight the text you'd like to become the link.
- Click the Insert/edit link icon from the Body Copy toolbar.
(Or just right-click and choose Insert/edit link.)
- Under Link to, choose Document.
- Click Browse (at the end of the empty Document field) to find your document.
- Click once on the document that you want to link to. Click OK.
NOTE: If your document name contains any spaces, your link will not work. If you see spaces, you must save the file under a different name on your computer and then upload it to the server again before inserting it into your page.
- In the Target field, choose "Open in a new window" so that the document opens in a new browser window when a user clicks on the link.
NOTE: You should always do this for links to pages outside of your own site so that users will again see your site when they finish with the linked page or site and close the browser window.
- Click Insert.