- Web and Digital
- Using the CMS
- CMS Account Request Form
- CMS Help Request Form
- CMS Tutorials
- Log in to the CMS
- Learn About the Interface
- Create a New Page
- Edit a Page
- Pasting Text into the Body Copy Field
- Edit the HTML Code of the Body Text
- Check Spelling
- Upload an Image
- How to Edit Images
- Insert an Image in the Body Copy Field
- How to Add Padding Around an Image
- Upload a Document File
- Create a Link to a Document File
- Create a Link to a Web Page or E-mail Address
- Remove a Link in the Body Copy Field
- Publish, Hide or Delete Pages
- HTML Tables examples & links
- CMS Banner Request Form
- Web Development Best Practices
- Contact Web Services
Create a Link to a Web Page or E-mail Address in the Body Copy Field
Link to a Web Page
- Open a browser window, navigate to the web page that you want to link to, and copy the web address (URL) by using the CTRL+C key combination or right-clicking and selecting Copy from the pop-up menu.
- Return to the CMS.
- In the Body Copy field, select the word, phrase or graphic you want to be the link.
- Click the Insert/edit link button
in the Body Copy toolbar or, while pointing at the selected text, right-click and choose Insert/edit link from the pop-up menu.
- Click on the radio button next to External.
- In the URL field, paste the copied URL by using the CTRL+V key combination or right-clicking and selecting Paste from the pop-up menu. (You also can just type in a URL in this field.)
- In the Target section, choose "Open in a new window" from the drop-down menu to have the linked Web page open in a new window.
NOTE: You should always do this for links to pages outside of your own site so that users will again see your site when they finish with the linked page or site and close the browser window.
- Click Insert.
Link to an E-mail Address
If you are typing content straight into the Body Copy field and you type an e-mail address followed by a space, the CMS will automatically create a link to that address.
If you've copied and pasted text into the Body Copy field and an e-mail address hasn't pasted as a link already, simply place the cursor at the end of the e-mail address and hit the space bar. This will create the link to that address.