New faculty orientation is offered twice yearly to acquaint all faculty with the mission and resources of Saint Louis University, as well as at the School of Medicine.
All new faculty are required to attend orientation within the first year of hire.
Orientation sessions are held in August and February and consist of a morning program delivered by administration and University faculty leaders, a working lunch and an afternoon program specific to the faculty of the School of Medicine. Sessions conclude by 4 p.m.
Those attending the February orientation are also welcome to attend the August sessions and resource fair. Additionally, in August, SLU’s president hosts a reception for new faculty immediately following orientation. All new faculty are strongly encouraged to attend.
- New Faculty Information Guide
- Guide to Teaching at SLU
- New Employee Onboarding
- University Compliance Policies
- Anti-Fraud Policy
- Grants Development Office
New Employee PowerPoint Presentations
- Campus Amenities
- Compliance Office
- Faculty Assembly
- Faculty Governance
- Graduate Medical Education Program
- Graduate Program in Biomedical Sciences
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) 101
- Medical Center Library
- Multicultural Affairs
- Research Program
- SLUCare Physician Group
- SLUCare's Approach
- Undergraduate Curriculum
Handouts and PDFs
- Basic Science Teaching Handout (PDF)
- Clinical Teaching Handout (PDF)
- Resident Teaching Handout (PDF)
Recorded Tegrity Sessions
Recorded Tegrity sessions can be accessed using your SLU log-in.