- Curricular Affairs
- Curricular Affairs Home
- OASIS Course Catalog
- OASIS Public Calendar
- Visiting Students
- Urban/Underserved MD/MPH Program
- Curricular Affairs Staff
- Curriculum Schematics
- Academic Calendar 2014-2015
- Educational Coordinators - All Departments
- Year One Welcome
- Year Two Welcome
- Year Three Information: Required Clerkships
- Year Four Requirements and Electives for Years Three and Four
- Student Professional Conduct Council
- Welcome to Academic Policies
- School of Medicine Simulation Lab
- Clinical Skills Center
- Curricular Affairs Faculty
William Mootz, M.D.
William Mootz, MD is Professor of Internal Medicine and Assistant Dean for Curriculum, Saint Louis University School of Medicine. He has been with Saint Louis University since 1977, first as a resident in Internal Medicine, and then as a member of the faculty. From 1988-1999, he was Assistant Dean for Student Affairs. Since 1999, he has been Assistant Dean for Curriculum.
Dr. Mootz is a graduate of Vanderbilt University School of Medicine. In addition to his responsibilities in the Office of Curricular Affairs, Dr. Mootz sees patients and teaches our students and residents at the Saint Louis Veterans Administration Medical Center, and teaches physical diagnosis to pre-clinical years students. He has received the Golden Apple Award for teaching from eight graduating classes. His interests outside of medicine include history, literature, baseball and mountaineering.
Dr. Mootz actively teaches and directs the Phase 2 course in Bedside Diagnosis.