- Curricular Affairs
- Curricular Affairs Home
- OASIS Course Catalog
- OASIS Public Calendar
- Visiting Students
- Ubran/Underserved MD/MPH Program
- Curricular Affairs Staff
- Curriculum Summary (AY2012-2013)
- Curriculum Schematics
- Academic Calendar 2014-2015
- Educational Coordinators - All Departments
- Year One Welcome
- Year Two Welcome
- Year Three Information: Required Clerkships
- Family Medicine Clerkship
- Clerkship Schedule
- Clerkship Directors:
- Goals and Objectives
- Preceptor Assignments and Orientation
- Clerkship Means of Assessing Competency
- Clerkship Assessment of the Student
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women's Health
- Oasis Log-in
- Year Four Requirements and Electives for Years Three and Four
- Student Professional Conduct Council
- Welcome to Academic Policies
- School of Medicine Simulation Lab
- Clinical Skills Center
Family Medicine Clerkship
The board specialty of Family Medicine is centered on lasting, caring relationships with patients and their families. Family Medicine physicians integrate the biological, clinical and behavioral sciences to provide continuing and comprehensive health care. The scope of practice encompasses all ages and genders, each organ system, and every disease entity.
Family Medicine physicians work in a variety of clinical settings and professional areas. They have the flexibility to define their careers based on their own skills and preferences. By learning in a "continuity" setting, we hope you will appreciate the challenges of medical problem solving and the immense rewards that longitudinal care and the development of meaningful relationships with patients can bring.
During this clerkship, you will spend four days each week with a family medicine physician in an ambulatory care setting. Wednesdays will be spent in didactic learning sessions on campus.
The Family Medicine Clerkship provides strong clinical training for students interested in a future in Family Medicine and for students who desire to excel in other specialties.
You will find the clinical and didactic faculty supportive of your learning. If we can ever be of any help, please let us know.
Kimberly A. Zoberi, M.D.
Family Medicine Clerkship Director Clerkship Faculty and Staff
Clerkship Goals and Objectives
Preceptor Assignments and Orientation
Clerkship Means of Assessing Competency
Clerkship Assessment of the Student
Clerkship Grade Determination
Clerkship Required Textbook