- 1.0 Organization
- 1.1 Numbering of Policy & Procedure Memoranda
- 1.2 Purpose of Manual
- 1.311 Admissions Committee
- 1.312 Student Progress & Program Planning Committee
- 1.314 Committee on Faculty Affairs
- 1.315 Executive Committee
- 1.316 Credentials Committee
- 1.317 Academic/Sabbatical Leave Committee
- 1.318 Dean's Planning Advisory Committee
- 1.319 Graduate Medical Education Committee
- 1.320 Research Planning Committee
- 1.321 Curriculum Management Committee
- 1.322 Curriculum Oversight Committee
- 1.323 Continuing Medical Education Committee
- 1.324 Graduate Program Advisory Council
- 1.325 Research Space Review Committee
1.317 Academic/Sabbatical Leave Committee
|CHAPTER||Committees--School of Medicine||DATE ISSUED
|SUBJECT||Academic/Sabbatical Leave Committee|
The School of Medicine shall establish an Academic/Sabbatical Leave Committee.
To evaluate proposals from full-time tenured faculty for professional development and renewal.
Applications must be submitted to the departmental chairperson. The chairperson forwards an original and five copies of the application to the Dean's office of the School of Medicine for review by the Academic/Sabbatical Leave Committee. Applications must be submitted at least ten months before the beginning of the semester in which the proposed leave will occur. The following documentation is necessary:
- The faculty member must submit a plan for the leave which promises professional development and/or renewal and indicates the requested start date and end date of the sabbatical.
- A letter from the host institution signed by the individual under whose mentorship the sabbatical will occur.
- A curriculum vitae, including current grant information.
- A statement from the applicant's department chairperson must document support and demonstrate an interim plan for covering the applicant's responsibilities while away.
- A report from the recipient must be submitted to the Committee within one semester after return.
Academic/Sabbatical leave shall be for 12 months at one-half annual salary or six months at full salary.
An additional application for leave will not be considered until six years have passed since the previous leave. A recipient must return to the School of Medicine and remain in service for at least one year following the leave.
The Faculty Manual of Saint Louis University--See "Sabbatical Leave"
VI. Review Date
Reviewed annually and revised when necessary and appropriate.
Approved: Philip O. Alderson, M.D., Dean, School of Medicine
Academic/Sabbatical Leave Committee Membership List (2013-2014)
Michael Ariel, Ph.D.
Pharmacological and Physiological Science
David Ford, Ph.D.
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Miriam B. Rodin, M.D.
* Indicates reappointment for one additional term.