Who We Are, What We Do
In an effort to provide access to quality primary care for all, the department of community medicine continues to create, build, and strengthen community engagement, prevention education, and service through a variety of opportunities.
Why Chose Community Medicine?
Community Medicine is a fast-paced fun, growing environment that provides practitioners the opportunity to work with a wide variety of patient populations.
Our Vision: That all families in the Saint Louis Metropolitan Community are healthy.
Our Mission: To train current and future family physicians, provide the highest quality primary and preventative care in our communities, and advance the field of family medicine through population-based and primary care research.
- Altruism and service that guides us in helping those in our communities
- High quality, evidence-based primary care
- Diversity in the communities we serve
- Social justice and barrier free access to primary care
- The promotion of wellness and prevention of disease and disability
- The whole person and their culture, values and beliefs
- Research that provides evidence-based approaches to the practice of primary care
- Innovation and enthusiasm in medical education that supports and develops students and promotes careers in family medicine
- Family Medicine Clerkship Program
- Preceptor/Volunteer Faculty Inforamtion
- Medical Student Education Activities