Research, Centers & Institutes


Division of Research Administration Home
Find resources about clinical trials, committees, environmental health and safety, forms, IRB, policies, development and services, programs, technology groups, conduct, training and world health and medicine.

Research Program Highlights at SLU

Frequently Asked Questions about Research

How can we help you?
Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get help with study design, power calculations and/or statistical analysis for my clinical trial application?

Saint Louis University Center for Outcomes Research (SLUCOR) provides consulting on a fee-for-service basis covering study design, data collection, database design and management, statistical analysis and interpretation. For additional contact information, see:

Can I get someone to critique my grant proposal before I submit it?

An "internal study section" has been created for this purpose. Faculty who plan to submit to the internal study section must inform the Research Planning Committee via Ms. Denise Johnson ( at least eight weeks prior to the grant deadline with a letter of intent that lists the title of the proposal, the agency targeted for submission, the submission deadline, and the names of members of the study section who should act as reviewers. The list of study section members can be obtained from Ms. Johnson. The proposal must then be received by the RPC within three weeks from the letter of intent. The RPC will assign the proposal to two or three members of the study section for evaluation and will inform the applicant accordingly. Reviews will be returned to the applicant within three weeks to allow enough time (at least two weeks) for the applicant to review the feedback received, discuss the proposal further with the reviewers and amend the application as needed prior to submission.

I need help/advice on eRS. Who is my eRS contact person?

Your eRS contact person depends on the department of your primary appointment. A list is posted here:

I have a new idea, but need some seed money to generate preliminary data for a funding application. Where can I apply for seed money?

The university has a competitive seed grant program called the Presidents Research Fund. Information and forms are available at this link:

Saint Louis University School of Medicine faculty are eligible to join the Institute for Clinical and Translational Sciences at Washington University and to apply for seed grant funds through this NIH-funded program. More information can be found here:

There are several fields on my NIH form that require numbers (e.g., DUNS number, EIN number, Congressional district). Where can I find this information?

These numbers are listed on the main university web site under Research:

Research Office
Clinical Trials Office

Research Studies
Vaccine Center

Research Core Services
Animal Imaging Core
Genomics Core Facility
Protein Core Facility
Research Microscopy Core

Research by Department

Basic Science Departments
Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Molecular Microbiology & Immunology
Pharmacological & Physiological Science

Clinical Departments
Anesthesiology & Critical Care
Family and Community Medicine
Comparative Medicine
Internal Medicine

Neurology & Psychiatry
Obstetrics,Gynecology,and Women's Health
Orthopaedic Surgery
Otolaryngology- Head & Neck Surgery

Centers and Institutes

Higher purpose. Greater good.
© 1818 - 2017  SAINT LOUIS UNIVERSITY   |   Disclaimer   |  Mobile Site
St. Louis   |   Madrid