Caroline Geremakis, PhD, MPH
Adjunct Assistant Professor
Center for Health Outcomes Research
3545 Lafayette Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63104
Office: (314) 977-9462
- B.S. University of Maryland (public and community health)
- M.P.H. Saint Louis University (epidemiology and behavioral science/ health education)
- Ph.D. Saint Louis University (public health studies--health services research)
- Diabetes management
- Comparative Effectiveness Research
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Grabner M, Peng X, Germakis C, Bae J. Demographic and clinical profiles of type 2 diabetes mellitus patients initiating canagliflozin versus DPP-4 inhibitors in a large U.S. managed care population. J Manag Care Spect Pharm 2015;21:1204-12.
- Harris JK, Geremakis C, Moreland-Russell S, Carrothers BJ, Kariuki B, Shelton SC, et al. Demographic and geographic differences in exposure to secondhand smoke in Missouri workplaces, 2007–2008. Prev Chronic Dis 2011;8(6):A135
- Hussan H, Crews NR, Geremakis CM, Bahna S, LaBundy JL, Hachem C. Predictors of double balloon endoscopy outcomes in the evaluation of gastrointestinal bleeding. World J Gastrointest Endosc 2014; 6(6): 248-253.
- Chang JJ, Buchanan P, Geremakis C, Mitchell R. Cost analysis of tonsillectomy in children using medicaid data. J Pediatr 2014,164(6):1346-51.
- Geremakis C, Peng X, Grabner M, Bae J. (2014). Demographic and clinical characteristics of type 2 diabetes mellitus patients initiating canagliflozin in a US managed care population. Poster presented at the AMCP Nexus, Boston, October 2014.
- Hussan H., Crews N., Geremakis C., Bahna, S., LaBundy, J., Hachem, C.(2013) Factors associated with negative findings or no therapy on double balloon endoscopy in the evaluation of gastrointestinal bleeding. Poster presentation at Digestive Disease Week, Orlando 2013.
- Hinyard L., Geremakis C., Temprano J. (2012) Differences in Asthma Controller Medication Adherence by Age and Gender. Poster presentation at American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology National Conference, Orlando 2012.
- Temprano J., Geremakis C., Temprano J. (2012) Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Sinusitis, Gastroesophageal Reflux and Severe Asthma Exacerbations. Poster presentation American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology National Conference, Orlando 2012.
- Geremakis C., Recktenwald A., Matt, M.P., Nihill D.M., Woeltje K. (2010). An Analysis of Patient Level Risk Factors for Healthcare Associated Pressure Ulcer Development. Poster presentation at the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology, Dallas, TX, April 2011.
- Harris J.K., Geremakis C., Moreland-Russell S., Kariuki B., Carothers B.J., Shelton S.C., Kuhlenbeck M. In press. Demographic and geographic differences in workplace secondhand smoke exposure in Missouri, 2007-2008: a case for statewide clean indoor air policy. Poster presentation Saint Louis University, Graduate Research Symposium, May 2010.