- Education and Training
- MS in Health Data Science
- MS in Health Outcomes Research and Evaluation Sciences
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Health Outcomes Research
- Dual Doctor of Medicine/Doctor of Philosophy in Health Outcomes Research (MD/PhD)
- PhD in Public Health Studies with at concentration in Health Services Research
- Healthcare QI Analytics Training
- SLUCOR Courses
- Apply Online
- Current Students
Post-Graduate Certificate in Health Outcomes Research
The certificate program in Health Outcomes Research includes a subset of courses required for the MS in Health Outcomes Research and Evaluation Sciences degree. Courses completed as part of the certificate program may be applied towards the MS in Health Outcomes Research and Evaluation Sciences degree program.
The curriculum requirements for the certificate program are a subset of those required for the traditional MS program. Students pursuing the certificate complete 18 credits of coursework. Upon completion of the certificate students may choose to apply to the full MS in Health Outcomes Research and Evaluation Sciences program. If accepted, all courses completed for the certificate can be used as credit towards the completion of the MS degree.
Entry into the Post-Graduate Certificate in Health Outcomes Research program is limited to the Fall semester. The program operates on a rolling admissions basis and does not have an application deadline. Upon receipt of a completed application, the admissions committee will review the application and make a decision about admissions. You can expect an admissions decision eight to ten weeks after receipt of your completed application. Requirements for application to the certificate program are:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a social science, biomedical science, or related discipline
- A professional statement discussing your interest in pursuing a certificate in Health Outcomes Research
- A resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Completion of the ETS Personal Potential Index by 3 references. Available at http://www.ets.org/ppi
- Official transcript from prior institutions
- Completed online application
- Receipt of the application fee
For specific information on the admission process, or for more information about this program, contact Dr. Leslie Hinyard, Associate Director for Academic Affairs.
Review the Gainful Employment Discolosure for this certificate.