ORES 530: Foundations of Outcome Research I (Online course)
This course will assist students in understanding outcomes research and provide a background in the basic tools used in outcomes studies. The course will enable students to
1) Conceptually define the meaning and purpose of outcomes research
Understand the role of epidemiology, biostatistics, health economics, and database and information technology in conducting outcomes research
3) Evaluate the usefulness and utility of outcomes measures
4) Recognize the different types of measures used in outcomes research, including clinical, health status, quality-of-life, health care utilization, and patient satisfaction
5) Obtain a basic appreciation of statistical analyses appropriate for outcomes research
6) Interpret the results of health outcomes research.