Saint Louis University

Do I have to complete the FAFSA form every year?

Yes, if you would like to receive federal student loans. We urge you to complete the FAFSA after October 1. If you have completed a FAFSA in the past, complete a Renewal FAFSA. To complete the FAFSA or Renewal FAFSA, go to

The Saint Louis University federal school code is 002506.

How do I get an FSA ID?

To obtain your FSAID  visit

If you are submitting parent information on your FAFSA, your parents will also need to set up their FSA ID.


How do I Apply for University Aid?

Visit our University Scholarships page for information on our scholarship policy and programs.

If my parents are divorced or separated, which parental information do I report on the FAFSA?

If your parents are divorced or separated, report only the information of your custodial parent and spouse if re-married, the parent that you most recently lived with, or the parent that provided greater support during the last 12 months.


When will I receive my Award letter?

Award notifications will be sent out after February 1 provided the student's financial aid file is complete. Check Banner Self-Service for missing documents.

How much aid should I accept?

We recommend that you only borrow what is needed for the academic year. To help you determine how much you may need to borrow, we suggest that you create a yearly budget.

I do not have insurance. How can I sign up for insurance?

Students have the option of enrolling in the University Health Plan. For more information about or to enroll in the University Health Plan, contact Alfreda Robinson at (314) 977-5666 or by email at

How do I access the Online Bill Payment Suite?

To access the Bill Payment Suite, first log onto the mySLU portal, use your SLU Net ID and password, then select the "Tools" tab, then click the Bill Payment Suite Icon.


The Bill Payment Suite allows you easy access to view your bill and payment history online anytime. Payments can now be made through ACH or by credit card. You can also set up authorized users so that parents or spouse can access your account.

For information about the Bill Pay Suite click here.


How do I get a deferment on my Undergraduate or Graduate student loans?



New and Returning Students:

You can either fax or bring in copies of the deferment request form to Jennifer Greathouse the Curricular Affairs office located in LRC Room 103. Students must include with the request: name, address or fax number of where you would like the request to be sent.



Provide the appropriate form to your program coordinator to comple. Your program coordinator can complete the form fo you.

* Housestaff please note that Perkins, Stafford  and Federal Direct loans are not eligible for Residency Deferments.