Saint Louis University

Saint Louis University Military FAQs

Saint Louis University Military FAQs

Where can I apply for VA benefits?
Veterans can apply for benefits at the United States Department of Veterans Affairs.


What do I need to access VA benefits at Saint Louis University?
All veterans and dependents must provide documentation of eligibility. Veterans need to prove their Certificate of Eligibility and DD-214 Dependents need to provide their Certificate of Eligibility and the Department of Defense authorization for transferred benefits.

Note: If a veteran has submitted an application for benefits to the VA but has not yet received a Certificate of Eligibility, a copy of the application would be accepted until the Certificate of Eligibility is received.
Where can I find out if I'm eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program?
Information on eligibility for the Yellow Ribbon program can be found here: Department of veterans affairs.
Where can I apply for the Yellow Ribbon Program?
When Saint Louis University is accepting applicants for the Yellow Ribbon Program, the online application can be found here: Fill out the Saint Louis Univeristy Yellow Ribbon Application Now.
How do I transfer my benefits to my dependent?
Information on transferring benefits to your dependent(s), and the application forms, can be found here: Transfer your GI-Bill benefits.
Where can I find counseling?
A counselor at Student Counseling Services is on call 24 hours a day and can be reached at 314-977-2323. More information can be found here: Saint Louis University Student Counseling Services.
Where can I find healthcare?
The office of Student Heath Care services is located here:
3518 Laclede Ave.
Marchetti Tower East
St. Louis. MO 63103-3398
Appointments can be made by calling 314-977-2323.
What other resources for veterans are available in St. Louis?
The Saint Louis University campus is conveniently located near two great resources for veterans: the St. Louis Vets Center and the VA hospital. The St. Louis Vets Center is just down the street from SLU at 2901 Olive. More information on that center can be found here: Saint Louis Veterans Center.

The John Cochran division of the VA St. Louis Healthcare System is located at 915 North Grand Boulevard. More information on the VA St. Louis Healthcare System can be found here: VA Saint Louis Healthcare System.
Where can I find out more about military and veterans at Saint Louis University?
Saint Louis University named No. 20 among national universities on a list of “Best Colleges for Veterans."
How do I order my Joint Services Transcript?
Visit the following site to order your Joint Services Transcript: Joint Services Transcript Request Website.
Have Military Questions - Contact Michael Bamber
Request More Information About SLU
Facebook Icon Follow SLU Military Student Resources on Facebook

Higher purpose. Greater good.
© 1818 - 2016  SAINT LOUIS UNIVERSITY   |   Disclaimer   |  Mobile Site
St. Louis   |   Madrid