- Faculty & Staff Mission Programs
- Mission Events
- Spiritual Direction
- Mission Programs
- Shared Vision
- Helping Our Own
- Living the Ignatian Spirit
- What is Ignatian Spirituality?
- What is Ignatian Prayer?
- What is Discernment?
- What is Spiritual Direction?
- Growing in the Ignatian Spirit
- Celebrating the Ignatian Spirit
- Saint Louis University Prayerbook
- Prayer Links
What is Ignatian Prayer?
Paul Coutinho, SJ, leads the viewer through the Spiritual Exercises to discover the great generosity and enthusiastic spirit with which we are encouraged to enter into prayer.
He looks at three kinds of Ignatian Prayer: Meditation (I find God); Contemplation ("a dangerous prayer" where God finds me); and Application of the Senses ("Fully I. Fully now. Fully here."). He also offers us the Ignatian way of a healthy prayer life and invites us to pray from our root grace.