Chaifetz Arena Wraps Up Successful Graduation Season
|Missouri Governor Jay Nixon addresses the students, faculty, staff, and guests at the Lindbergh High School graduation ceremony at Chaifetz Arena on May 27. Submitted photo|
More than 85,000 people visited the campus of Saint Louis University these last three weeks for a high school or college graduation held at Chaifetz Arena.
The three-week run began with Ranken Technical College's graduation on May 12 and ended with Ritenour High School's ceremony this past Saturday, May 31. Here are some interesting figures from the graduation season:
- 23: Graduation ceremonies held at Chaifetz Arena between May 12 and May 31
- 85,014: Total attendance during the graduations
- 11,122: Number of graduates to receive diplomas across Chaifetz Arena stage
- 11: College ceremonies held (SLU Commencement/Pre-Commencements, Ranken Tech and St. Louis Community College)
- 12: High school graduations (Kirkwood, Fox, Seckman, Rockwood Summit, Lafayette, Marquette, Eureka, Jennings, Lindbergh, Clayton, University City and Ritenour)
- 8: Public school districts represented (Kirkwood, Fox, Rockwood, Jennings, Lindbergh, Clayton, University City and Ritenour)
- 1: Governor appearance (Missouri Governor Jay Nixon spoke at Lindbergh High School's graduation)
"We are delighted to have welcomed over 85,000 patrons to our beautiful venue these last three weeks," said Global Spectrum's Jim Wynkoop, general manager of Chaifetz Arena. "I am very proud of the entire Chaifetz Arena team that has worked tirelessly to make each of these 23 ceremonies a success."
Chaifetz Arena has become an increasingly popular destination for graduation ceremonies across the region. The 10,600-seat venue is able to accommodate graduates and their guests while providing ample parking in the area and a climate-controlled indoor facility for the ceremonies. The schools are able to use all of the arena amenities including the Chaifetz Arena Pavilion to align students prior to procession and the venue's state-of-the-art scoreboards and video displays allow for custom personalization from each of the schools.
DVD's for select graduation ceremonies are still available for sale by visiting thechaifetzarena.com/commencementdvds.
The special events at Chaifetz Arena continue this month with the Father's Day Explosion featuring R&B legends the Whispers & Stylistics on Sunday, June 15, and electronic musician Skrillex on Tuesday, June 17. Tickets to all Chaifetz Arena events are available at Ticketmaster.com and the Chaifetz Arena Box Office.
Global Spectrum manages Chaifetz Arena as well as more than 120 other public assembly facilities around the world. Nearly 24-million people attended more than 15,000 events in Global Spectrum venues last year. Based in Philadelphia, Penn., Global Spectrum is part of Comcast-Spectacor, one of the world's largest sports and entertainment companies. Comcast-Spectacor, which operates in 48 of the 50 United States, also owns the Philadelphia Flyers of the National Hockey League; Ovations Food Services, a food and beverage services provider; Paciolan, the leading provider of venue establishment ticketing, fundraising and marketing technology solutions; Front Row Marketing Services, a commercial rights sales company; and Flyers Skate Zone, a series of community ice skating rinks.