- Current Student Resources
- Essential Requirements & Information
- RN to BSN
- MSN-NP & Post-Master's NP Certificate
- BSN to DNP
- MSN to DNP
- Course Descriptions
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Professional Liability
- Sigma Theta Tau Delta Lambda At Large Chapter
- Saint Louis University School of Nursing Student Handbooks
Graduate Financial Aid & Scholarships
Office of Student Financial Services
The University's Office of Student Financial Services is your most important resource for financial assistance. For more information on financial aid and scholarships, please visit Student Financial Services. Student Financial Services can be reached by phone at 314-977-2350 or 1-800-SLU-FOR-U.
For graduate students, Advanced Education Nursing Traineeship Program funds are available to students who are currently working in an undeserved area and are enrolled in the following programs:
- Adult/Gerontological Primary Care Nurse Practitioner.
- Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner.
- Family Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
Applications are due by July 1 of each academic year. Please contact Dr. Joni Thanavaro, Associate Dean for Graduate Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Research and Teaching Assistantships
Please contact Dr. Joanne Schneider at email@example.com regarding available assistantship positions. Please click here to view the graduate student application for an assistantship.
School of Nursing Graduate Scholarships
Each of the following School of Nursing scholarships require a special application due to specific criteria. Please validate eligibility before completing the application. Applications must be entirely completed for consideration. Any missing information, specifically GPA, will disqualify a student from the award review process. Please contact Scott Ragsdale at 314-977-8995 or firstname.lastname@example.org regarding School of Nursing scholarship questions. Application deadline is June 19, 2015 unless otherwise listed.
- General Graduate Application (All graduate students. Application applies to multiple scholarships listed directly below)
- Franciscan Sisters of Mary Endowed Scholarship
- Joan Hrubetz Honorary Scholarship
- Catherine Vacca Nepute Scholarship
- Alice Eiseman Roth Memorial Scholarship
- School of Nursing Scholarship Program
- School of Nursing Graduate Student Assistantship (All graduate students.)
- AMSN Robert Wood Johnson Scholarship (AMSN students. Application deadline is June 19)
- Marilyn Huber Scholarship (Adult/Gerontological Acute Care and Adult/Gerontological Primary Care Nurse Practitioner students.)
- Grace Louise and William Noble Potter Scholarship Fund (PhD nursing students)
- Jacqueline M. Niedert Nursing Scholarship Fund (DNP nursing students)
- Carrie Elligson Gietner Scholarship for Training in Long Term Care (Adult/Gerontological Acute Care and Adult/Gerontological Primary Care Nurse Practitioner students.)
- Thelma Heil Kiske Term Endowed Scholarship (All graduate students. Student must have formerly served or currently be serving in the Armed Forces or be enrolled as an ROTC student)
- Ruth Beckmann Murray Graduate Student Scholarship (Family Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner students.)
- North America Nursing Diagnosis Association Scholarship (MSN and Post-Master's Certificate students. Please see application for additional criteria.)
- Mae Elizabeth Timmons Term Scholarship (MSN students.)
- Evelyn Ann Riddle Scholarship for Master's Students in Nursing (Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner students.)
- Kathleen Sonderman Simonet Scholarship (Adult/Gerontological Acute Care and Adult/Gerontological Primary Care Nurse Practitioner students. An interest in oncology is preferred.)
- Marion Bender Scholarship (PhD nursing students. Application deadline is July 1)
- Shaw-Engler Scholarship (PhD nursing students. Application deadline is July 1)
- Psychology Access Scholarship (Application deadline is October 1)
- Nurse Corps Scholarship Program
- National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Scholarship Program
- Nurse Corps Loan Repayment Program
- Doctoral Degree Scholarships in Cancer Nursing (Application deadline is October 15)
- Certified Background/American Association of Colleges of Nursing Scholarship Program (Application deadline is October 31 and January 31)
- Nursing Track Scholarship (Application deadline is August 31)
- Jayne M. Perkins Memorial Scholarship Program (PhD nursing students - Application deadline is April 30)
- Nurse Corps Loan Repayment Program
- Air Force Reserve Bonus/Loan Repayment Options
- Advance Practice Nurses of the Ozarks (APNO) Scholarship Program
- Army Health Professions Scholarship Program
- Army Nurse Corps
- St. Louis Area Nurse Practitioner Externship with Aesthetic Medical Associates: Please contact George at 314-560-3575 or visit our website for more information.
- Air Force NP Student Scholarship
- Air Force Reserve Flight Nursing Opportunities
- Army Scholarship Opportunities