- Current Student Resources
- Essential Requirements & Information
- RN to BSN
- MSN-NP & Post-Master's NP Certificate
- BSN to DNP
- MSN to DNP
- Course Descriptions
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Professional Liability
- Sigma Theta Tau Delta Lambda At Large Chapter
- Saint Louis University School of Nursing Student Handbooks
Student Learning Outcomes
End-of-Program Student Learning Outcomes
The graduate of Saint Louis University's nursing program is a generalist who is able to:
- Relate to people as unique individuals possessing worth, dignity, and potential for self-actualization.
- Synthesize theoretical and empirical knowledge from the humanities and natural, social, behavioral, and nursing sciences to provide safe, effective nursing care.
- Establish relationships based on understanding of self and others, and of interpersonal and group dynamics.
- Practice in a variety of settings with clients of all ages and diverse sociocultural backgrounds.
- Utilize critical thinking and problem solving skills, in application of the nursing process, to maintain client adaptation.
- Assist clients, at any point on the health-illness continuum, to mobilize and use adaptive resources for promotion, maintenance and restoration of health.
- Collaborate with interprofessional colleagues, community representatives, and consumers to enhance health care.
- Apply evidence-based knowledge as the basis for safe, effective, nursing practice.
- Apply the professional code of ethics and professional standards to clinical practice.
- Demonstrate personal and professional responsibility, accountability, and self-direction.
- Demonstrate leadership principles in professional and interprofessional practice.
- Demonstrate understanding of health care policy issues, trends and strategies as they influence accessibility, accountability and affordability in health care delivery.
- Utilize appropriate information and healthcare technologies to enhance the delivery of client care.
Approved by Baccalaureate Program Committee 05/2013
Revised and approved: 05/2013