Jean Krampe, Ph.D., RN, CPHQ
School of Nursing
- B.S.N., University of Missouri - Saint Louis
- M.S.N., Nursing Education, University of Missouri - Saint Louis
- Ph.D., Nursing Science, University of Missouri - Columbia
Dr. Krampe's areas of interest include interventions to increase and maintain mobility of older adults. She works to translate research findings into sustained practice
Publications and Media Placements
- Molly, F., Keogh, J., Krampe, J., & Guzman, A. (2015). Dance mobility: a somatic and dance programme for older adults in New Zealand. Body, Movement and Dance in Psychotherapy: An International Journal for Theory, Research and Practice,:DOI:10.1080/17432979.2015.1032353
- Krampe, J., Wagner, J.M., Hawthorne, K., Sanazaro, D., Wong, C., Budhathoki, C., Lorenz, R., & Raaf, S. (2014). Does dance-based therapy increase gait speed in older adults with chronic lower extremity pain: A feasibility study. Geriatric Nursing, 35, 339-344.
- Krampe, J. (2014). Letter to the Editor: Loneliness in Older Adults: A Choice that could be Conquered by Dance-Based Activities. SciMedCentral: Annals of Nursing and Practice, 1(1), 1002.
- Palmer, J.L., Langan, J., Krampe, J., Krieger, M.M., Lorenz, R.A., Schneider, J., Smith, J. & Lach, H.W. (2014). Risks for Nursing Home Placement: A Look at the Evidence. Research and Theory for Nursing Practice, 28(2), 163-192.
- Krampe, J., Miller, S., Echebiri, C., Rantz, M.J., & Skubic, M. (2013). Nighttime restfulness during daytime dance therapy: An exploratory study using bed sensors. Western Journal of Nursing Research. 36(3), 362-373.
- Krampe, J., L'Ecuyer, K., & Palmer, J. L. (2013). Development of an on-line orientation course for preceptors in a Dedicated Education Unit. The Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, 44(8), 352-356.
- Krampe, J., & Musterman, K. (2013). Shall we skype dance: Connecting nursing students with older adults via skype for dance-based therapy. CIN: Computers, Informatics, Nursing. 31(4):151-4.
- Krampe, J. (2013). Exploring the effects of dance-based therapy on balance and mobility in older adults.Western Journal of Nursing Research. 35(1):39-56.
- Lach, H. W., Krampe, J., & Phongphanngam, S. (2011). Best practice in fall prevention: Roles of informal caregivers. International Journal of Older People Nursing. 6(4):299-306.
- Krampe, J., Rantz, M. J., Dowell, L., Schamp, R., Skubic, M., & Abbott, C. (2010). Dance-Based Therapy in a Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly: An Integrative Approach to Decrease Fall Risk. Nursing Administration Quarterly, 34(2), 156-161.
- Rantz, M.J., Skubic, M., Miller, S.J., & Krampe, J. (2008). Using Technology to Enhance Aging in Place, Smart Homes and Health Telematics of Lecture Notes in Computer Science. ttp://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-69916-3_20.