Saint Louis University
School of Nursing
Office: (314) 977-6652
Fax: (314) 977-8819
Teaching: Dr. Bultas teaches a variety of courses in the undergraduate and prelicensure programs. Her area of expertise is Pediatric and Child Health nursing.
Practice: Dr. Bultas holds a certification as a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (Primary Care) by the National Certification Board of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners and Nurses. Her nursing background includes acute care pediatrics, family nursing, pediatric intensive care, pediatric telephone triage, and school nursing.
Research and Scholarly Activities: Dr. Bultas' research interests center on fostering positive developmental outcomes among high risk children and their families. Dr. Bultas has experience in the areas of autism, pediatric developmental delay and disability, pediatric chronic illness, and parent perceptions and experiences. Additionally, she has experience in the use of simulation as a teaching modality.
- PhD, Nursing, University of Missouri-St. Louis
- MSN, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, University of Missouri-St. Louis
- BSN, Nursing, University of Missouri-Columbia
- Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner-Primary Care
- Certified Nurse Educator
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners
- Midwest Nursing Research Society
- Bultas, M. W., Hassler, M., Ercole, P., & Rea, G. (In Press). Effectiveness of High Fidelity Simulation for Pediatric Staff Nurse Education. Pediatric Nursing.
- Bultas, M. & Koetting, C. (2014). Autism Spectrum Disorders in the New DSM 5. The Journal for Nurse Practitioners.
- Bultas, M. W. & Curtis, M. (2013). Using Simulation to Teach Child Injury Prevention to Mothers Recovering from Substance Abuse. Journal of Community Health Nursing 30(3), 155-163. doi: 10.1080/07370016.2013.806720.
- Bultas, M. W., Budhathoki, C., & Balakas, K. (2013). Evaluation of child and parent outcomes after a pediatric cardiac camp experience. Journal for Specialists in Pediatric Nursing. doi: 10.1111/jspn.12040
- Bultas, M. & McLaughlin, L. (2013). Using Evidence-based Practice in the School Health Room. NASN School Nurse, 28(1). doi: 10.1177/1942602X12465964
- McLaughlin, L., Bultas, M., Shorey, S. (2012). Human Papilloma Virus and Head and Neck Cancer. The Journal for Nurse Practitioners 8(8). doi: 10.1016/j.nurpra.2012.07.013
- Bultas, M. W. (2012). Understanding Sports Preparticipation Cardiovascular Screening Recommendations. NASN School Nurse 27, 318-322. doi:10.1177/1942602X12453336
- Bultas, M. W. (2012). The Health Care Experiences of the Preschool Child with Autism. Journal of Pediatric Nursing, 27(5). doi: 10.1016/j.pwsn.2011.05.005
- McKee, S., Bultas, M., Ahearn, T. (2011). School Nurse Survival: Reviewing Clinical Skills in the Simulation Laboratory. NASN School Nurse 26(4). doi: 10.1177/1942602X11409419
- Bultas, M. W. (2011). Enhancing the Pediatric Undergraduate Nursing Curriculum through Simulation. Journal of Pediatric Nursing 26(3). doi: 10.1016/j.pedn.2010.06.012
- Dineen, K. & Bultas, M. (2013). Narrative Symposium: Parenting Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders Through the Transition to Adulthood Introduction. Narrative Inquiries in Bioethics 2(3), 147- 149. doi: 10.1353/nib2012.0061