Laura McLaughlin, Ph.D., RN
Associate Professor; Coordinator of Accelerated Baccalaureate Nursing option
Medical-surgical courses, leadership and measurement in the doctoral program, complex care nursing theory, and clinical instruction.
- B.S.N., Saint Louis University
- M.S.N., Saint Louis University
- M.S., Saint Louis University
- Ph.D., Saint Louis University
Dr. McLaughlin's clinical research focus is taste dysfunction in head and neck cancer survivors. She is the President of the Delta Lambda chapter of Sigma Theta Tau Nursing Honor Society. She completed a Master of Health Outcome Research and Evaluation Sciences in Spring 2016.
Publications and Media Placements
- McLaughlin, L. A. (2014). Taste Dysfunction and Eating in Head and Neck Cancer Survivors. MedSurg Nursing, 23(3), 165-170.
- McLaughlin, L. A., Mahon, S. M. (2014). A Meta-analysis of the Relationship Between Impaired Taste and Treatment, Treatment Type and Tumor Site in Head and Neck Cancer Treatment Survivors. Oncology Nursing Forum, 41(3), E194-202.
- McLaughlin, L. A., Hinyard, L. J. The Relationship Between Health Related Quality of Life and Body Mass Index. Western Journal of Nursing Research. Published online 27, January, 2014. doi: 10.1177/0193945913520415.
- McLaughlin, L. A. (2013). Taste Dysfunction in Head and Neck Cancer Survivors. Oncology Nursing Forum, 40(1), 4-13. doi: 10.1188/13.ONF.E4-E13
- McLaughlin, L. A. & Mahon, S. M. (2012). Understanding Taste Dysfunction in Persons Treated for Cancer: Implications for Nurses. Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing, 16(2), 171-178. doi: 10.1188/12.CJON.171-178
- McLaughlin, L. A., Bultas, M. W., Shorey, S. L. (2012). The Relationship Between HPV and Head and Neck Cancer. The Journal for Nurse Practitioners, 8(8), 663-664. doi: org/10.1016/j.nurpra.2012.07.013