- Teri A. Murray, Dean, School of Nursing
- Joanne Thanavaro, Associate Dean, Graduate Education
- Joanne C. Langan, Associate Dean, Undergraduate and Prelicensure Education
- Norma A. Metheny, Associate Dean, Nursing Research
- Joanne K. Schneider, Interim Director, Ph.D Program
- Kathleen Armstrong
- Deborah Artman
- Margaret R. Benz
- Julie Bertram
- Margaret Bultas
- Bridgette N. Carnes
- Kathleen Carril
- Karen M. Cuvar
- Renee L. Davis
- Joan E. Dodgson
- Patricia E. Freed
- Kelli M. Fuller
- Omolara Fyle-Thorpe
- Emily Gunn
- Margaret Hassler
- Christopher Hemmer
- Verna Hendricks-Ferguson
- Shellie Hill
- Cathy Koetting
- Jean Krampe
- Helen W. Lach
- Kristine L'Ecuyer
- Kathy LoBello
- Deborah Loman
- Rebecca A. Lorenz
- Kelly Lovan-Gold
- Samantha Marquard
- Cristina McGroarty
- Laura McLaughlin
- Geralyn A. Meyer
- Karen Moore
- Vicki Moran
- Geralyn A. Ochs
- Michelle Papachrisanthou
- Christina Rariden
- Nichol Reeves
- Cynthia S. Rubbelke
- Ashley Schmuke
- Bobbi Shatto
- Krista Simmons
- Cathi Slinkard
- Lee I. Smith
- Devita Stallings
- Rita A. Tadych
- John M. Taylor
- Shelley von der Lancken
- Nina K. Westhus
- Faculty and Staff Resources
Verna Hendricks-Ferguson, Coordinator of the RN to BSN Option
PhD, RN, CHPPN, FPCN, FAAN, Associate Professor
Saint Louis University
School of Nursing
office: (314) 977-1906
fax: (314) 977-8949
Teaching: I've been with the School of Nursing since 2012 and instruct undergraduate and graduate-nursing students.
Practice: Care of chronically ill children (e.g., cancer, sickle disease, recipients of kidney transplants).
Program of research:
- Palliative and end-of-life communication.
- Parent information preferences.
- Hope and spirituality among adolescents with cancer.
- 2-year Research Fellowship with Dr. Pamela S. Hinds at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, funded by Oncology Nursing Foundation.
- Research Fellow, College of Palliative Care Research Scholars Program.
- 3-year post-doctoral fellowship at the School of Nursing at Indiana University, funded by NIH-NINR NRSA Research Training Grant (PHS T32 NR 07066).
Principal Investigator (PI) Funding:
- Oncology Nursing Foundation (2 grants).
- Alex Lemonade Children's Cancer Foundation (Mid-Career Grant).
- R21 Exploratory Grant: "Timely End-of-life Communication for Parents of Children with a Brain tumor, funded by NIH-NINR (No. 1R21RO11071-01A1).
Site PI Funding:
- RO1 longitudinal grant titled, "Stories and Music for Adolescent/Young Adult Resilience during Transplant" that was funded by the NIH-NINR (R01NR008583), National Cancer Institute (U10CA098543), and Children's Oncology Group (ANUR0631).
Co-PI Funding on 2 Faculty-Staff Mentor Grants:
- St. Louis Children's Hospital and Missouri Baptist Hospital.
Professional and Scholarly Activities:
- Local, national, & international presentations.
- Publications in peer-reviewed nursing journals.
- Official reviewer for the International Journal of Cancer Nursing.
- Oncology Nursing Society.
- Association of Pediatric-Hematology Oncology Nurses.
- Hospice/Palliative Care Nursing Association.
- Sigma Theta Tau International.
- Midwest Nursing Research Society.
- Certificate as a Pediatric End-of-Life Trainer for Health-Care Providers (ELNEC).
- Certified Hospice and Palliative Pediatric Nurse by the National Hospice and Palliative Nursing Credentialing Center.
- PhD, Rush University, St. Louis, Missouri
- MSN, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, Illinois
- BSN, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, Illinois