Accelerated One-Year BSN
We are accepting applications for the May 2014 Accelerated BSN Option. The School of Nursing admits students on a rolling basis typically beginning in September. Although there is no official deadline for applications, we encourage students to apply and have all supporting documents in as soon as possible.
The Accelerated BSN Option is an intensive three-semester, 12-month bachelor of science in nursing degree program designed for students who already have a bachelor's degree in another area of study. Students may also consider our five semester, 21-month Accelerated Generalist Master's of Science in Nursing program if they have a bachelor's degree in another area. In addition, current Saint Louis University undergraduate students who have earned at least 77 credit hours, including those courses that meet the core graduation requirements at Saint Louis University may be eligible to apply for the option.
As an innovator in nursing education, Saint Louis University School of Nursing created the Accelerated BSN the first and only program of its kind in the United States in 1971. The School of Nursing developed the program to specifically meet the growing demands of students who choose to pursue nursing after completing their undergraduate study. Since its inception, the Accelerated BSN Option has prepared excellent nurses who have made outstanding contributions to nursing clinical practice, education and research.
Features of the Program
The increasing number and range of opportunities available in nursing today and the excellent job market throughout the U.S. make the Accelerated BSN the perfect second-degree option. Unique features of this program include:
- Twelve-month (May to May) program, completed in three full-time semesters. Other programs are typically 13 to 15 months long.
- Direct transfer of previous baccalaureate degree credits.
- Minimum Prerequisite Course Requirements.
- Admission available to junior- and senior-level baccalaureate students who meet admission requirements. There are a limited number of spaces available for junior and senior level students.
- Excellent clinical experiences at major St. Louis area hospitals and health care facilities.
- Faculty who are nationally recognized for teaching, research, leadership and student mentorship.
- State-of-the-art classroom and simulation laboratory facilities.
- Outstanding preparation for the NCLEX, the national licensing exam for RNs. Saint Louis University Accelerated graduates' pass rate has consistently been 96%-100%.