- Majors & Degrees
- Traditional Four-Year Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (TBSN)
- Accelerated One-Year Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (ABSN)
- Registered Nurse to Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Accelerated Master's of Science in Nursing (AMSN)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse Practitioner (MSN-NP)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Clinical Nurse Leader (MSN-CNL)
- Post-Master's Nurse Practitioner Certificate (Post-MSN NP Certificate)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice - Post-Baccalaureate (BSN to DNP)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice - Post-Master's (MSN to DNP)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing (PhD)
Post-Master's Nurse Practitioner Certificate (Post-MSN NP Certificate)
We are accepting applications for the fall 2016 Post-MSN NP Certificate program. The fall 2016 application deadline is March 1, 2016. We encourage students to apply and submit supporting documents as soon as possible as space is limited.
Post-Master's NP certificate programs are available online for students who already possess an MSN to pursue coursework for an adult/gerontological acute care, adult/gerontological primary care, pediatric primary care, family, or family psychiatric/mental health nurse practitioner certificate. The post-master's NP certificate program requires only two campus visits to Saint Louis University. The total number of credit hours varies among certificate offerings, however, a minimum of 15 credit hours is required for completion of a post-master's certificate program. At the discretion of the School of Nursing students may transfer 3-6 credit hours of graduate level coursework to be applied toward their post-master's certificate program of study.
Student files are individually reviewed and some students may receive "advanced standing" in courses such as Advanced Health Assessment, Advanced Pathophysiology, and Advanced Pharmacology. In order to do so the student petitions for this status. The student must submit, at minimum, a course number and course description and possibly the syllabus from the course.
Upon completion of the requirements for the post-master's NP certificate program, students qualify to take the American Nurses Credentialing Center's (ANCC), PNCB (PNP), or the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) certification exam.
Unique features of this program include:
- All courses and degree programs offered online.
- Full- and part-time curriculum plans.
- Variety of specialty areas and role options within specialty areas.
- Financial Aid opportunities including traineeships, research/teaching assistantships and graduate scholarships.
- Responsive faculty who are nationally recognized for teaching excellence, nursing leadership, scholarly research and student mentorship.
- Faculty Advisors are individually assigned to mentor each student throughout the program.
- Online library.
- Online writing center.
Gainful Employment Disclosure
Per federal law (34 CRF Part 668), all institutions participating in the federal Title IV student financial assistance programs must publicly disclose certain data regarding all academic programs designated as "Gainful Employment" programs per DOE definitions. These documents were not created by Saint Louis University School of Nursing. Please contact the School of Nursing for accurate program cost and length estimates.
- Adult/Gerontological Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Adult/Gerontological Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Family Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Nurse Practitioner
- Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner