- Majors & Degrees
- Traditional Four-Year Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (TBSN)
- Accelerated One-Year Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (ABSN)
- Registered Nurse to Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Accelerated Master's of Science in Nursing (AMSN)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nurse Practitioner (MSN-NP)
- Master of Science in Nursing - Clinical Nurse Leader (MSN-CNL)
- Post-Master's Nurse Practitioner Certificate (Post-MSN NP Certificate)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice - Post-Baccalaureate (BSN to DNP)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice - Post-Master's (MSN to DNP)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nursing (PhD)
Registered Nurse to Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
The online RN to BSN program is designed to meet the needs of RNs who wish to complete the Bachelor of Science degree. Our RN to BSN program offers the resources, quality and flexibility that working RN's require. RN to BSN students are supported in many ways including individualized curriculum plans, faculty mentorship, online library and online writing center access.
Features of the Program
Unique features of this program include:
- No required testing to validate previous nursing education.
- Part-time and full-time study programs available.
- Easy transfer of previous college-level general education credit hours. Up to 64 credit hours earned at an accredited community college, college or university may be awarded and applied towards the bachelor's degree.
- Nursing courses offered on-line in 16 week sessions. (some courses will be offered as 8 week sessions starting fall 2015)
- Non-nursing courses offered on-line in 8-week sessions.
- Professional tuition rate for RN's completing their BSN degree.
- Opportunity to take graduate-level nursing courses at the professional RN to BSN tuition rate. (student must be admitted to the MSN program and other eligibility requirements must be met)
RN to BSN students may choose a part-time or full-time study plan. Once all pre-nursing courses have either been transferred to Saint Louis University or completed at the University through the School for Professional Studies, students may complete the BSN nursing courses as fast as two semesters. Please click here to view our curriculum plan options.
School for Professional Studies Partnership
A student will need to apply and be admitted to the School for Professional Studies (SPS) in accordance with SPS guidelines. Students will then take up to 55 credit hours (depending on transfer credits) of SPS pre-nursing core courses. After successful completion of SPS pre-nursing core courses with a "C" or higher, the student will automatically transfer to the School of Nursing as an RN to BSN major.
MSN-NP and MSN-CNL Program Options
Prior to completion of the BSN degree, qualified students in the RN to BSN Program may apply for admission to Graduate Education at Saint Louis University. A cumulative GPA of 3.25 on a 4.0 system in undergraduate course work is required for admission to the MSN-NP program while a GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 system is required for the MSN-CNL program. Immediately after completion of the BSN degree and admission to Graduate Education, RN to BSN students may continue the program with their master's-level studies.
*Saint Louis University currently accepts applications to the RN to BSN program from those who reside in the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia and West Virginia.