Pre-Nursing Courses (55 Credit Hours)
- Communication - 6 Credit Hours
- Any English 1900 or above, Literature, Speech, or Communication course
- Managing Information - 3 Credit Hours
- Any Informatics, Computer Technology, Computer or Computer Information Systems course
- Values - 3 Credit Hours
- Any Diversity, Ethics, Bio-or Medical Ethics course
- Social and Behavioral Sciences - 6 Credit Hours
- Any Psychology, Social Science, History, Public Policy, Government, Anthropology, Education, Organizational Studies, Economics, Social Work, or Growth and Development course
- Humanities and Fine/ Performing Arts - 6 Credit Hours
- Theology 1000 or any Theology above 1000; plus any Theology, Religion, Fine or Performing Arts, Philosophy, Foreign Language, or Women's Studies course
- Mathematics - 3 Credit Hours
- Any College Algebra, Mathematics, or Data Analysis/Statistics level 1000 or above course
- Life and Physical Sciences - 6 Credit Hours
- Any Anatomy, Physiology, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Geology, Astronomy, Microbiology, or other life/ physical science 1000 level or above course
- Other Arts and Sciences - 22 Credit Hours
- Courses from any category
Nursing Major Courses (65 Credit Hours)
Credit by Examination (U.S. Licensure; Passed NCLEX)
- NURS 3807: Conceptual Framework for Practice (3)
- NURS 4147: Research and Evidence Based Practice in Nursing (3)
- NURS 3447: Public and Community Health Nursing (4)
- NURS 4107: Leadership and Management in Nursing (3)
- NURS 3207: Health Assessment for the Registered Nurse (3)
- NURS 3107: Health Policy, Finance and Regulation for the Registered Nurse (3)
- NURS 3457: Community Health Project (2)
- NURS 48XX: Elective (3)
Credit by Examination - Test
- NURS 3377 Essentials of Therapeutic Nutrition (3)
Total 120 Credits
*A minimum of 120 semester hours are required for the baccalaureate degree. Graduation requirements are subject to change related to ongoing curriculum development.
Curriculum Plan Options
Please click here to view curriculum plan options for the RN to BSN program.
In addition to 38 credits for previous nursing education, all previous college course work will be considered in meeting the degree requirements.
Academic Plan Worksheet
Please click here for a fillable academic plan worksheet.
Please click here for course descriptions.