- Student obtains information regarding guidelines for preceptor selection from the course materials and/or course faculty members. General information and Preceptor Information Forms are also available at Web site www.nursing.slu.edu/online/.
- Student obtains tentative approval of preceptor from course coordinator/specialty coordinator.
- Student downloads the Preceptor Information Form to give to preceptor. The form is available at www.nursing.slu.edu/online/ and within each clinical course.
- Preceptor completes the form (either on the computer and prints, or prints and fills out by hand.)
- Student or preceptor faxes completed form to course faculty with copy of the preceptor's license, state recognition documents and certification. (Fax number in course syllabus).
- When form and copies have been verified as current, a letter of agreement or contract and letter of Indemnity is sent to preceptor/agency.
- Faculty member gives student permission to begin clinical experiences.
Preceptor Information Form