Nutrition and Dietetics
The Department enjoys a long track record and solid reputation in the preparation of dietetics professionals.
- 1934: It all began with the establishment of the Graduate program and tentative approval of the Department's Dietetic Internship Program through the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education (CADE) of the American Dietetic Association.
- 1937: Certified approval of the Internship was granted.
- 1993: Internship's Public Health emphasis was added.
- 1997: Undergraduate Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) options were added.
- 2002: CADE Developmental Approval with full Accreditation status achieved for DPD.