- Future Students
- B.S. Nutrition and Dietetics
- M.S. Nutrition and Dietetics
- Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD)
- Pre-Selection Dietetic Internship Admission
- Dietetic Internship
- Welcome from the DI Director
- About the DI Program
- Mission and Goals
- Application Process
- Graduate Coursework
- Why Choose SLU
- Program Costs
- Steps to become a Registered Dietitian
The Saint Louis University Dietetic Internship Program was established in 1934 and is one of the oldest and most well-established programs in the nation. During the 12-month program, interns complete 1,200 hours of supervised practice. Students who complete the internship will graduate with a Master of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics. A multidisciplinary approach is used to develop students' professional skills required to meet the ever-changing health care demands of society and the profession of dietetics. Upon completion of the internship, graduates are qualified to sit for the national registered dietitian examination administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration. Over the past five years, 93% of SLU Dietetic Internship graduates have successfully passed the registration examination on their first attempt.Visit the About the DI Program page to learn more about the program and what it entails.
Visit SLU Internship Program
Saint Louis University hosts a Dietetic Internship Forum with Dietetic Internships from the Midwest region annually on the first Friday in November. We encourage interested applicants to attend to learn about our program and those in the surrounding states. If you interested in attending the Forum, have questions about our program, or would like to schedule an individual visit, please contact SLU Nutrition and Dietetics Department at 314-977-8523 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accreditation, Certification and Licensure
The Saint Louis University Dietetic Internship is proud to be accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND), 120 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 2000, Chicago, IL 60606-6995, 312/899-5400. Registration and State Licensure can be obtained from the completion of the program and Registration Examination for Dietitians. For information on dietetic registration, certification and licensure refer to: http://cdrnet.org/certifications/.
Read the NEW Fall 2012 issue of Nutrition Spotlight! This publication is created by SLU's Dietetic Interns. Click here to read it now!
Click on the icons to link to our blog, facebook and twitter pages!
- Each week an intern writes a post about "hot topics" in dietetics or a recent experience during a rotation. Please browse the SLU Dietetic Intern Blog to learn more.
- "Like" the "Saint Louis University Dietetic Internship" on Facebook to get the latest information on the internship and nutrition in the news.
- Follow us to see what SLU Dietetics is up to or tweet us @SLUVeggie if you have a question or a comment.