Student Community Standards Board (SCSB)
Student Community Standard Board (SCSB)
Student Community Standard Board members receive extensive training on the University policies and hearing processes. They are trained as a Student Community Standards Board Member and as a student advisor to the student(s) involved in the hearing process. This allows the Community Standards Board Member to better serve the student by experiencing all aspects for the hearing.
As a member of the Student Community Standards Board, hearing officer listens to evidence concerning alleged violation of residence hall standards, the University's Community Standards, and University policies. They also make decisions regarding students' responsibility for policy violations. For those who are found responsible for policy violations, they help determine sanctions that enhance students' understanding of their role in the community and challenge them to examine their attitudes and personal decisions that resulted in policy violations.
Student Advisors work directly with the students involved in the hearing as either the student being charged with violations, or as the complaining party. The Student Advisor helps the student prepare their case to be presented before the Board or Individual Hearing Officer, supports the student through the hearing and assist with an appeal if needed.
In addition to weekly hearings, the Student Community Standards Board actively participate in policy and wellness education to further promote policy literacy and character development at SLU.
- Good academic and disciplinary standing
- Must be able to maintain confidential information
- Organizational and Time Management is a must
- Reliable and Dependable
- Good reasoning and inquiry skills
- Knowledge of campus resources
- Valuable experience on a hearing board.
- Improve student skills in communication, organization, empathy, and expression.
- Educate students about acceptable community behaviors.
- Instill a true sense of mission and cura personalis.
- Gain valuable leadership experience.
- Provide a needed peer perspective for students in the conduct process.