- Be sure to have your child's vision tested when beginning kindergarten and again in the second grade or any time you suspect there may be a problem. Have your child's vision tested if you or your pediatrician have concerns regarding their vision.
- Semi-annual exams are recommended even for healthy individuals.
- Be sure to monitor your vision daily if diagnosed with macular degeneration. If you notice visual distortion in either eye, you should make an appointment with a specialist immediately.
- Diabetic retinopathy is a common complication of diabetes. Regular eye examinations can help prevent permanent vision loss. Diabetic patients should have annual eye exams.
- People diagnosed with glaucoma should be tested every six months.