July 15 - 19, 2019
Rising freshman and sophomores in high school can learn more about engineering during this five-day camp hosted at Saint Louis University.
Parks College of Engineering, Aviation and Technology students guide participants through hands-on activities in aerospace and mechanical engineering, biomedical engineering, computer and electrical engineering, civil engineering and innovation and entrepreneurship in engineering.
Participants also hear from guest speakers who are engineers and researchers working in the field, take an off-campus field trip to a site in the engineering industry, compete in engineering-based challenges and explore Saint Louis University.
This is a day camp only; overnight housing will not be provided for the Introduction to Engineering Camp.
The Introduction to Engineering Camp is sponsored by The Boeing Company.
More details can be found below. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com or 314-977-8371.
High school students entering grades nine and ten in fall 2019 are eligible. Space is limited to 40 students.
- December 1: Registration opens and is filled on a first come, first served basis.
- April 30: Scholarship applications due
- Week of May 13: Notification of scholarship awards
- June 15: Final non-refundable program payment due
- July 15: Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m.
- July 19: End of camp. Parents will be invited to a short celebration at the end of the day after which students can check out of the camp.
- 9:00 a.m. to noon: Formal programming
- Noon to 1 p.m.: Lunch
- 1 to 4:00 p.m.: Formal programming
- 4:00 to 5:00 p.m.: Recreational time
Payment is not due until June 15. Tuition covers all materials and activities, daily lunch and snacks, and the field trip during the camp.
Full and partial scholarships are available. Students wishing to be considered for a scholarship need to submit the scholarship application by April 30.
Full and partial scholarships to be used toward camp tuition will be awarded. Scholarships are available based on financial need and merit. Submit the scholarship application by April 30 in order to be considered.
Scholarship applicants must complete all registration requirements plus the online scholarship application. The application will ask you to answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to attend the Introduction to Engineering Camp?
- Why are you applying for a scholarship?
- Why are you a viable or deserving scholarship candidate? (Consider scholastic or academic achievements, extracurricular activities, demonstrated interests, etc.)
Click here to apply for scholarships.
Scholarship applications are due April 30. Awards will be disbursed the week of May 13.