June 18-22, 2018
During the Robotics Summer Academy, high school students work in teams to build their own robots and custom hardware, and study mechanical, electrical and computer engineering in order to design and fabricate robot parts.
Academy participants take part in friendly competitions with the robots and are allowed to take them home at the end of the week.
This is a day camp only; overnight housing is not provided for the Robotics Summer Academy.
The Robotics Summer Academy is sponsored by The Boeing Company, Opus Development Company, LLC, Alberici Constructors, Inc. and Spencer Litzau (SLU Civil Engineering 2013 Alum).
For more information found below. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com or 314-977-8443.
High school students entering grades nine through 12 in the fall of 2018 are eligible. Space is limited to 20 students.
- December 1: Applications open
- March 31: Robotics Summer Academy and scholarship applications due
- Week of April 16: Notification for acceptance and scholarship recipients
- May 14: Final non-refundable tuition payment due
- June 18: Check-in begins at 8 a.m.
- June 22: The academy ends. Parents are invited to a short celebration at the end of the day, after which students can take their robots home and check out of the academy.
- 8:30 a.m. to noon: Formal programming
- Noon to 1 p.m.: Lunch
- 1 to 4:30 p.m.: Formal programming
- 4:30 to 5:30 p.m.: Open design time and check out
$650. Payment is not due until May 14.
Full and partial scholarships are available. Students wishing to be considered for a scholarship need to submit the scholarship application by March 31. Scholarship recipients will be notified the week of April 16.
Tuition covers daily lunch during the academy, activities and materials, including the robot each student builds (valued at approximately $250).
Full and partial scholarships to be used toward the Summer Academy tuition are available based on financial need and merit. Submit the scholarship application by March 31 in order to be considered.
Scholarship applicants must complete all camp registration requirements plus the online scholarship application. The application will ask you to answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to attend the Robotics Summer Academy?
- Why are you applying for a scholarship for the Summer Academy?
- Why are you a viable or deserving scholarship candidate? (Consider scholastic or academic achievements, extracurricular activities, demonstrated interests, etc.)
Click here to apply for a scholarship to The Robotics Summer Academy.
Scholarship recipients will be notified by the week of April 16.