Hours of Operation
The DNA Diagnostic Laboratory is open 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Telephone: (314) 577-8344
- Fax: (314) 268-5598
- Mail: DNA Diagnostic Laboratory, Saint Louis University Hospital West Pavilion, 3635 Vista Ave., St. Louis, MO 63110-2539
Prior arrangements with the laboratory may be necessary for special procedures or scheduling. For such arrangements, please contact the DNA Diagnostic Laboratory at (314) 577-8344.
Written reports with interpretation are generally available within two working weeks after the beginning of testing. Final reports are available online and are sent to the physician and added to the patient's chart; in addition the results of the assay can be accessed through Meditech in the Anatomic Pathology directory. HCV, K-RAS and EGFR results are located in the laboratory module of Meditech. Partial results and plans for further testing, if needed, are discussed by the director with the referring physician.
- Specimens must be accompanied by a signed requisition and must comply with the labeling requirements of the Department of Pathology.
- Anticoagulated (EDTA or Heparin) whole blood or bone marrow may be refrigerated or shipped at ambient temperature by overnight express delivery.
- For DNA analysis of demonstrated or possible cancers, the biopsied tumor specimens may be refrigerated and sent fresh to the laboratory on the day obtained, or they may be frozen and transported later on dry ice.
- For RNA samples, the specimens must be refrigerated; these specimens should be delivered within 24 hours. Because of the specialized nature of specimen processing, advance notification of samples to be processed is requested.
- Microbiology samples for DNA testing are processed in conjunction with the Clinical Microbiology service at Saint Louis University Hospital.
Saint Louis University Medical Center
3rd Floor West Pavilion
3635 Vista Ave., St. Louis, MO 63110-2539