- Physical Therapy
Program in Physical Therapy
Facts and Highlights of PT Program
- The Program in Physical Therapy is a direct-entry program, meaning most of the students are admitted as freshmen.
- Once a student is accepted into SLU's DPT program, he or she will progress through the entire program without the need for reapplication or Graduate Entrance Exam (GRE) as long as academic and professional requirements are met.
- The DPT program takes place over six years, including two summers.
- Graduates from the Program in Physical Therapy at Saint Louis University have a higher first time pass rate than national average on National Physical Therapy License Exam.
- Students have the opportunity to study abroad.
- Students have a 100% job placement rate.
- The Program in Physical Therapy is among the top 20% in the nation. The Program is ranked 34 out of 213 accredited Physical Therapy programs by U.S. News and World Report.
- 3,500+ patients are served at Student Health, SLU Hospital, and the Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Clinic by the Physical Therapy program faculty and clinical staff.
- Consistent with SLU's interprofessional initiative, the program includes several interprofessional courses taken with students in other health care professional programs.