- Physical Therapy
- Welcome from the Director
- Future Students
- Current Students
- SLU-SSM Physical Therapy Residency
- About DPT Program
- Faculty and Staff
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
- News, Blog, and Social Media
- Program Complaint Policy
- Program Outcomes
- 2014 Program in Physical Therapy Newsletter
- Alumni Publications
Program in Physical Therapy
2011 -2012 Faculty, Staff, Student, and Alumni Awards
- Cheryl Cavallo, PhD (Professor Emerita, Program in Physical Therapy) was awarded the 2011 Doisy College of Health Sciences Alumni Merit Award at the DCHS Alumni Luncheon on September 24, 2011.
- Cheryl Cavallo, PhD (Professor Emerita, Program in Physical Therapy) was awarded the 2011 Program in Physical Therapy Florence Kendall Award at the White Coat Ceremony on September 25, 2011.
- Darina Sargeant, PhD (Associate Professor, Program in Physical Therapy) was invited to attend an international dialogue and retreat entitled "Integrating Spirituality in Healthcare" September 22-25, 2011 in Haines Falls, New York. Her published chapter on Spiritual Care in Carol Davis's book, Patient-Practitioner Interaction, was used as the organizing framework for the conference.
- Carol Beckel, PhD (Assistant Professor, Program in Physical Therapy) was recognized as a 2011 Woman of Achievement at the YMCA Leader Lunch on December 1, 2011.
- Ethel Frese, DPT (Associate Professor, Program in Physical Therapy) received the Cardiovascular-Pulmonary Section 2012 Merit Award.
- Kim Levenhagen, DPT (Assistant Professor, Program in Physical Therapy) was selected as a CTE Faculty Fellow for the 2012-2013 academic year.
- Darina Sargeant, PhD (Associate Professor, Program in Physical Therapy) received the 2012 Woman of the Year Honor by the Saint Louis University Women's Commission in April 2012.
- Joanne Wagner, PhD (Assistant Professor, Program in Physical Therapy) was appointed Chairperson of the Rehabilitation Research Interest Group of the Consortium of Multiple Sclerosis Centers in May 2012.
- Barb Yemm, DPT (Assistant Professor, Program in Physical Therapy) received the Doisy College of Health Science Excellence in Clinical Teaching Award on May 4, 2012.
- Mark Reinking, PhD (Chairman, Department of Physical Therapy & Athletic Training, Program Director and Associate Professor, Program in Physical Therapy) received the 2012 Dorothy E. Baethke-Eleanor J. Carlin Award for Excellence in Academic Teaching Award at the APTA Annual Conference on June 7, 2012.
- Christin Veith (Class of 2012) was elected by the Program in Physical Therapy faculty to be the student speaker for the White Coat Ceremony, September 25, 2011.
- 18 Students were inducted to Alpha Eta, Allied Health Honor Society, November 10, 2011.
- Mallory Eggert (Class of 2015) was named performer of the week for the week of December 5-11, 2011 by Pickin Splinters, a website that covers Atlantic 10 Conference and Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference basketball.
- Andrew Tigges (Class of 2013) presented "Lower extremity weakness better predicts walking limitations in people with multiple sclerosis than lower extremity strength asymmetry," with Naismith, R.T., Wagner, J.M. at the American Physical Therapy Association, Combined Sections Meeting, Chicago, IL, February 8-11, 2012.
- Lindsay Noesen (Class of 2014) presented a poster at the Senior Legacy Symposium entitled "Physical Therapy as a Ministry", April 24, 2012.
- Kristen Bartheld (Class of 2014) presented at the Senior Legacy Symposium on the journey in growth and leadership through her founding of the STL Dance Marathon to benefit Children's Miracle Network of Greater St. Louis, April 24, 2012.
- Lauren Giblin (Class of 2012), Elena Gray (Class of 2015), Maureen Kessler (Class of 2015), Elana Karkowski-Schelar (Class of 2012) Maggie Null (Class of 2015), Juliana Silver (Class of 2015), and Adam Walsh (Class of 2012) were inducted into Alpha Sigma Nu, April 15, 2012.
- The Excellence in Community Service Award was given to 6 PYI and PYII students and 38 Senior students, May 17, 2012.
- The Excellence in Academics Award was given to 15 students, May 17, 2012.
- The Excellence in Research Award was given to Elana Karkowski-Schelar (Class of 2012) May 17, 2012.
- The Excellence in Clinical Performance Award was given to seven students, May 17, 2012.
- 16 Saint Louis University physical therapy alumni were recognized by the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties at the 2012 APTA Combined Sections Meeting in Chicago, IL for completing board certification in a specialty area.
- Jenny Heckert, PT, DPT (PT Alumni MPT Class of 2007, DPT Class of 2010) completed the Evidence in Motion orthopaedic residency April 2012.
- Ryan Wood, DPT (DPT Class of 2011) was interviewed in a magazine article titled "One Tight Muscle, Much Pain" in ASM Army Spouse Magazine.
- Ryan Wood, DPT (DPT Class of 2011) was accepted into the orthopaedic residency at the University of Chicago, beginning June 2012.
- Anny Bierman (DPT Class of 2007) became a board-certified clinical specialist in sports physical therapy.
- Aaron Borgmann, MPT (Alumnus, MPT Class of 2005) Borgmann, A., Matava, M. Ronnie Barnes Medical Case Studies in the NFL. National Athletic Trainers' Association Annual Meeting and Clinical Symposium. St. Louis, MO. June 28, 2012.
- Janelle Burge (DPT Class of 2010) became a board-certified clinical specialist in neurologic physical therapy.
- Katy Fronczak (DPT Class of 2010) became a board-certified clinical specialist in pediatric physical therapy.