Pre-PA Scholars Application Process
- SLU Students interested in applying for the Pre-PA Scholars PAthway must make an appointment with Helen McCormack, Program Coordinator of Admissions for the Department of PA Education, to verify eligibility and receive an application.
- Completed applications must be submitted by Aug. 1 after sophomore year, including a $50 fee.
- A small number of qualified applicants will be invited for an interview early in the fall semester of junior year.
- Notification of acceptance in the program will be in October of junior year. This acceptance is provisional, based upon successful completion of coursework, conferral of the baccalaureate degree, documentation of required patient contact hours, and other requirements.
- Between one and four qualified applicants are selected annually for the Pre-PA Scholars PAthway. Upperclassmen are not eligible for the PPSP, but are encouraged to apply to the post-baccalaureate PA Program in the traditional manner once they have met the PA Program's general requirements.
- Once accepted into the Pre-PA Scholars PAthway, students must meet additional requirements to remain in good standing.