Pre-Law Scholars Requirements
Students may only join the program as incoming freshman.
Students must join the program before the first day of classes of their freshman year. Students should apply to the Pre-Law Scholars Program in conjunction with their application for admission to Saint Louis University. Students will be notified of their acceptance to the Pre-Law Scholars Program.
Standards for admission to program:
Students must have a score of 28 on the ACT or 1260 on the SAT and outstanding academic record. Particular attention will be directed to a student's work in History, Social Studies, American Government and English. All students must attend the pre-law scholars reception with the dean of the law school in September of their freshman year.
Standards for progression in program:
3.5 SLU gpa after freshman year
3.6 SLU gpa after sophomore year (Must continue through graduation)
Course Requirements-17 Required Credit Courses
Students must apply and be accepted to the Pre-Law Scholars Program before they commence their freshman year studies at Saint Louis University.
PLS 100 Introduction to Law
PLS 200 Intro to Legal Analysis OR
PLS 210 Intro to Legal Research and Writing
PLS 410 Legal Internships
PLS 405 Foundations of Law (Junior Year)
Pre-law scholars must also take and complete two of the five courses listed below, by the end of their junior (third) year:
ACCT 220 Financial Accounting
ECON 190 Principles of Economics
PLS 406 Logic for Professional
PHIL 404 Symbolic Logic
PHIL 343 Philosophy of Law
MGT 218 Legal Environment of Business
Additional Requirements for Participation:
Pre-law scholars must attend two or three programs during the school year such as:
1. Fall reception for pre-law scholars (required)
2. Question and Answer panels of current pre-law scholars and law students
3. Pre Law Scholars are required to take PLS 100 Introduction to Law Fall of Freshman Year
4. PLS 200 Intro to Legal Analysis or PLS 210 Intro to Legal Research and Writing
Spring Semester Freshman Year
Sophomores through Seniors:
Pre-law scholars must attend at least two programs per year from a series of workshops and law school enrichment programs, such as:
b. Career Services
c. Past Pre-Law students now in law school
d. Admissions Programs
e. Faculty lecture on Supreme Court decisions or other relevant case law
Law school programs:
a. Moot Court Finals
b. Lectures or presentations sponsored by law school student associations, such as the Federalist Society, Women Law Students' Association, Black Law Student Association.
c. Lectures or presentations sponsored by the Law School's Employment, International, or Health Law Centers of Excellence.
d. Millstone and Childress Lectures
e. Jurist-in-Residence Lectures
Completion of pre-law scholars program:
All students meeting the requirements of the pre-law scholars program earn a seat in the fall class of Saint Louis University School of Law directly following their graduation, contingent upon:
1. Certification by Director of Pre-Law Scholars Program at the end of student's junior year
2. Submission of the student's Saint Louis University School of Law application file, including the satisfactory completion of:
a. The LSAT
b. The LSDAS requirements for LSAC
c. The character and fitness requirements of Saint Louis University School of
3. As a courtesy, Pre-Law Scholars should contact the office of Admissions at Saint Louis University Law School to receive their fee waiver code.
4. Students must continue to maintain and graduate with a minimum 3.6 cumulative GPA or higher.