Pre-Law Scholars Requirements
This page contains information on what it takes to complete the Pre-Law Scholars Program once you have been accepted. Visit this page for more information on the program's application requirements and click here to access the online application form.
Course Requirements (17 Credit Hours)
- For student that took PLS 100 prior to fall 2014
- For students that took PLS 100 during or after fall 2014
Additional Requirements for Participation
Pre-law scholars must take two pre-law courses and attend two or three programs (examples are listed below). Scholars must write and submit a one-page summary of any events or programs they attend.
- Fall reception for pre-law scholars (required)
- Q&A panels of current pre-law scholars and law students
- Take PLS 100: Introduction to Law (fall semester)
- Take PLS 210: Introduction to Legal Research and Writing
Sophomores through seniors
Pre-law scholars must attend at least two programs per year from a series of workshops and law school enrichment programs, such as:
- Career services
- Past pre-law students now in law school
- Admissions programs
- Faculty lecture on Supreme Court decisions or other relevant case law
Law school programs:
- Moot Court finals
- Lectures or presentations sponsored by law school student associations, such as the Federalist Society, the Women Law Students' Association or the Black Law Student Association
- Lectures or presentations sponsored by the Law School's Employment, International or Health Law Centers of Excellence
- Millstone and Childress Lectures
- Jurist-in-Residence Lectures
Completing the Pre-Law Scholars Program
All students meeting the requirements of the Pre-Law Scholars Program earn a seat in the fall class of Saint Louis University School of Law directly following their graduation, contingent upon:
- Receiving certification by director of Pre-Law Scholars Program at the end of student's junior year.
- Submission of the student's Saint Louis University School of Law application file, including the satisfactory completion of:
- The LSAT
- The LSDAS requirements for LSAC
- The character and fitness requirements of Saint Louis University School of Law
- As a courtesy, pre-law scholars should contact the office of admissions at Saint Louis University Law School to receive their fee waiver code.
- Students must continue to maintain and graduate with a minimum 3.6 cumulative GPA or higher.