The Saint Louis University Prison Program is a Jesuit inspired initiative that provides education to prison staff and people incarcerated in Missouri, promotes service, and conducts research on crime and incarceration. It is the only on-site program in the US serving two underserved populations affected by prison overpopulation: those who are incarcerated and employees of the Missouri Department of Corrections (MO DOC).At the Eastern Reception, Diagnostic, and Correctional Center (ERDCC) in Bonne Terre, MO, SLU offers a degree program and arts and education programming, while researching the connections between education and recidivism.
The Prison Program Leadership Board members are passionate about prison education, community service, and/or policy change. This Board has three primary goals to assist in the development, growth and sustainability of the Saint Louis University Prison Program:
- Community Engagement
- Fund Raising
If you have any inquires about the board, or have fresh ideas that might assist its mission, please contact Ms. Julie O'Heir, Community Outreach Coordinator for the SLU Prison Program, at 314-977-3206.
Individuals and employers who represent the board are:
- Dr. Mary Abkemeier, Professor, Math/Computer Science, Fontbonne University
- Honorable Jimmie M. Edwards , Circuit Judge, 22nd Judicial Circuit
- Ms. Bridget Flood, Executive Director, Incarnate Word Foundation
- Dr. Jennifer Giancola, Dean, School for Professional Studies, Saint Louis University
- Dr. Mary Gould, Co-Director, Arts and Education Program, Saint Louis University Prison Program
- Mr. Ray Harter III, Director of Mission, Mercy
- Mr. Michael J. Heck, Managing Partner, Paramount Planning of St. Louis, L.L.C.
- Ms. Ann E. Hogan, Business Development Director, Keefe Group
- Chief Dan Isom, Associate Teaching Professor, UMSL
- Mr. Dennis J. Jacknewitz, Attorney, Jennings, Jacknewitz & Schrader, P.C.
- Dr. Devin Johnston, Co-Director, Arts and Education Program, Saint Louis University Prison Program
- Ms. Stacey Livingston, Graduate, Prison Program, Saint Louis University
- Ms. Lisa Masters, Development Officer, School for Professional Studies, Saint Louis University
- Ms. Kitty Nangle, Development Director, Saint Louis University
- Ms. Michele Oesch, Grants Manager, Saint Louis University
- Ms. Julie O’Heir, Community Outreach Coordinator, Saint Louis University Prison Program
- Dr. Kenneth Parker, Director, Saint Louis University Prison Program
- Ms. Heather Rich, Vice President of Development, Provident, Inc.
- Mr. Matt Ryan, President, SLU - Student Government Association
- Mr. Rick Seiter
- Mr. Bill Siedhoff, Director at Department of Human Services, City of Saint Louis
- SpearIt, Assistant Professor of Law, Saint Louis University School of Law
- Ms. Laura Stobbs, Retired, Professional Photographer