Gabriel D. Carrillo, D.S.W., C.D.F.T.
Associate Clinical Professor; Social Work
College for Public Health and Social Justice
I have come to believe over and over again that what is most important to me must be spoken, made verbal and shared, even at the risk of having it bruised or misunderstood.- Audre Lorde
Diversity and Anti-Oppression; Cultural Humility for the Field; Global Health and Global Practice Perspective; Health Disparities for Men of Color; and Integrative Social Work Practice Seminars
- D.S.W., St. Catherine University/University of St. Thomas, 2019
- M.S.W., George Warren Brown School of Social Work, 2004
- B.S., Social Work, Saint Louis University, 1998
Decolonizing/Indigenizing the social work curriculum; anti-racist perspectives; health disparities for men of color; cross cultural re-entry (international students); HIV prevention, care, and treatment; international social work practice and social justice; spirituality and social work.
Community Work and Service
- Belize 2020 Core Committee
- Co-Director of the Emmett J. and Mary Martha Doerr Center for Social Justice Education and Research
- CSWE member
- Commissioner on the Commission for Diversity and Social and Economic Justice for CSWE