Sarah L. Coffin, Ph.D., ACIP
College for Public Health and Social Justice
Urban Planning and Development
Economic Development Policy and Practice; Research Methods Capstone; Planning and Development Theory
Ph.D., City and Regional Planning, The Georgia Institute of Technology
Master of Urban Planning, Design and Development, The Maxine Goodman Levin College of Urban Affairs, Cleveland State University
Brownfields; community development; local economic development; sustainable built
environment; urban manufacturing.
For more information on Dr. Coffin's work, please click here.
Publications and Media Placements
- (2016) Coffin, Sarah L. Tax Increment Financing and Concentrated Affluence: A Question
of Capacity in St Louis County Missouri. in The Unfinished Business of the Civil Rights
Movement: A Policy Agenda for Housing and Urban Development New York: Oxford Press.
Molly Metzger and Henry S. Webber eds.
- (2015) Ganning, Joanna P.; Sarah L. Coffin; Benjamin. McCall; Kathleen Carson. The
State of Practice and Web Development for Regional Data Portals. Journal of Urban
Technology. 21:4 pp 125-139.
- (2014) Coffin, Sarah L. The Promises and Pitfalls of TIF in the St Louis Metropolitan Region: A Look at Neighborhood Disparities. Saint Louis University Public Law Review. 33 pp 55-78.
Honors and Awards
- Visiting Scholar, Urban Housing Lab, University of Sydney, Australia - July 2017
Professional Organizations and Associations
- American Institute of Certified Planners
- International Urban Planning and the Environment Association, Co-Chair
- Urban Affairs Association
- Urban Land Institute
- St. Louis Section of the American Planning Association
Community Work and Service
- Gateway Greening, Advisory Board Member
- St. Louis Metro Section of the American Planning Association, Board Member
- St. Louis Regional Data Exchange, Founder