Sarah L. Coffin, Ph.D., ACIP
College for Public Health and Social Justice
Urban Planning and Development
Foundations of Planning; Economic Development Policy and Practice; Capstone
Ph.D., City and Regional Planning, The Georgia Institute of Technology
Master of Urban Planning, Design and Development, The Maxine Goodman Levin College of Urban Affairs, Cleveland State University
Brownfields; community development; local economic development; sustainable built environment; urban manufacturing.
Publications and Media Placements
- (In Press) Coffin, Sarah L. Tax Increment Financing and Concentrated Affluence: A
Question of Capacity in St Louis County Missouri. in The Unfinished Business of the
Civil Rights Movement: A Policy Agenda for Housing and Urban Development New York:
Oxford Press. Molly Metzger and Henry S. Webber eds.
- (2015) Ganning, Joanna P.; Sarah L. Coffin; Benjamin. McCall; Kathleen Carson. The
State of Practice and Web Development for Regional Data Portals. Journal of Urban
Technology. 21:4 pp 125-139.
- (2014) Coffin, Sarah L. The Promises and Pitfalls of TIF in the St Louis Metropolitan Region: A Look at Neighborhood Disparities. Saint Louis University Public Law Review. 33 pp 55-78.
Honors and Awards
- Visiting Scholar, Urban Housing Lab, University of Sydney, Australia - July 2017
Professional Organizations and Associations
- American Institute of Certified Planners
- International Urban Planning and the Environment Association, Co-Chair
- Urban Affairs Association
- Urban Land Institute
Community Work and Service
- Gateway Greening, Advisory Board Member
- St. Louis Metro Chapter of the American Planning Association, Board Member
- St. Louis Regional Data Exchange, Founder
- Union Communion Ministries, Board Member