Kanak S. Gautum, Ph.D.
Health Management and Policy
Health care supply chain management; management of health care organizations; management of human resources in health care
- Ph.D., Organizational Behavior, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- M.B.A., Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, India
Community benefit for nonprofit hospitals; governance of hospitals; human resource management
Publications and Media Placements
He is on the editorial board of Health Care Management Review, a leading journal on health care management.
Honors and Awards
- Dean Conley Award, Paper of the Year in Health Management from the American College
of Healthcare Executives, 2006
- Edgar C. Hayhow Award for best paper (co-recipient) in Hospital and Health Services Administration, a journal published by ACHE, 1995
- Professor of the Year, 1994 and 1998