Jesse J. Helton, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor; Social Work
College for Public Health and Social Justice
Research Methods for Social Work Practice I and II; Social Policy; Children, Youth, and Family Services and Policy
- Ph.D., University of Illinois
- M.A., University of New Hampshire
Child maltreatment; child welfare; disability and health; food insecurity.
Publications and Media Placements
- Helton, J. J., Boutwell, B. B., & DiBernardo, M. (2017). The relative safety of
paternal, maternal, and traditional foster care placements. Child Abuse and Neglect,
- Helton, J. J., Schreiber, J. C., & Fiese, B. H. (2017). Foster Parents' Nutritional
Strategies and Children's Well-Being. Child and Adolescent Social Work, 4(2), 159-169.
- Helton, J. J. (2016). Food neglect and maltreatment re-reports. Children and Youth Services Review, 71, 77-83.
Find Jesse Helton on ResearchGate
Honors and Awards
- Innovative Teaching Fellowship, Reinert Center for Transformative Teaching & Learning (2014)
Professional Organizations and Associations
- American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children Prevention Committee
- National Associate of Social Workers
- Society for Social Work and Research