Jesse J. Helton, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor; Social Work
College for Public Health and Social Justice
Research Methods for Social Work Practice I and II; Social Policy; Children, Youth, and Family Services and Policy
- Ph.D., University of Illinois
- M.A., University of New Hampshire
Child maltreatment; child welfare; disability and health; food insecurity.
Publications and Media Placements
- Helton, J.J., Moore, A.R., & Henrichsen, C. (2018). Food security status of mothers at risk for child maltreatment. Children and Youth Services Review, 93, 263-269.
- Helton, J. J., Cross, T. P., Vaughn, M., & Gochez-Kerr, T. (2018). Food neglect and infant development. Infant Mental Health Journal. 39(2), 231-341. DOI: 10.1002/imhj.21694
- Helton, J. J., Gochez-Kerr, T., & Gruber, E. (2018). Sexual abuse of children with learning disabilities. Child Maltreatment. 23(2), 157-165. doi: 10.1177/1077559517733814.
Honors and Awards
- Innovative Teaching Fellowship, Reinert Center for Transformative Teaching & Learning (2014)
Professional Organizations and Associations
- American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children Prevention Committee
- National Associate of Social Workers
- Society for Social Work and Research