Vithya Murugan, Ph.D., M.S.W.
Assistant Professor; Social Work
College for Public Health and Social Justice
Human Behavior and the Social Environment
- Ph.D., Social Work, Washington University in St. Louis
- M.S.W., Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Violence against minority women, including immigrants and refugees; gender empowerment; cross-cultural research
Publications and Media Placements
- Atteraya, M. S., Murugan, V., & Pandey, S. (2017). Intersection of caste/ethnic affiliation
and poverty among married women in intimate partner violence: the case of Nepal. Global
social welfare, 4(2), 81-90.
- Pandey, S., Murugan, V., Karki, Y. B., & Mathur, A. (2017). In-home Smoking in Households with Women of Reproductive Age in Nepal: Does Women's Empowerment Matter?. Health & Social Work, 42(1), 32-40.
Find Vithya Murugan on ResearchGate
Honors and Awards
- Council on Social Work Education, Minority Fellow (2013-2016)
Professional Organizations and Associations
- Council on Social Work Education
- Society for Social Work and Research