Michael Rozier, S.J., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Health Management and Policy
College for Public Health and Social Justice
Ethical Leadership in Health Management and Policy
Introduction to Global Health
- Ph.D., Health Management and Policy, University of Michigan
- M.Div., S.T.L., Boston College
- M.H.S., Johns Hopkins University
- B.A., Chemistry, Saint Louis University
Public health ethics, organizational ethics, community benefit, policy framing, population health strategies, community-hospital partnership
Publications and Media Placements
- Rozier M, Goold S, Singh S. How Should Nonprofit Hospitals’ Community Benefit Be More Responsive to Health Disparities? AMA Journal of Ethics. 2019; 21(3):e273-280.
- Rozier M, Ghaferi A, Rose A, Simon N-J, Birkmeyer N, Prosser L. Patient Preferences for Bariatric Surgery: Findings from a Survey Using Discrete Choice Methodology. JAMA Surgery. 2019; 154(1):e184375.
- Rozier M, Singh S, Jacobson P, Prosser L. Priorities for Investing in Community Health Improvement: A Comparison of Decision Makers in Public Health, Nonprofit Hospitals, and Community Nonprofits. Journal of Public Health Management and Practice. 2019; 25(4):322-331.
- Rozier M. Religion and Public Health: Moral Tradition as both Challenge and Opportunity. Journal of Religion and Health. 2017; 56(3):1052-1063.
- Rozier M. Structures of Virtue as a Framework for Public Health Ethics. Public Health Ethics. 2016; 9(1):3745.
- Rozier M, Singer PM. Money, Politics, and Morality in the Framing of Medicaid Expansion. American Journal of Public Health. 2016; 106(2):203-204.
Honors and Awards
- Curtis Holzgang, M.D. Endowed Lecture Visiting Scholar, Providence Health and Services
- Fellowship in Auschwitz for the Study of Professional Ethics
- Student Government Association Faculty Excellence Award
- James Dowdy Memorial Faculty Excellence Award
Professional Organizations and Associations
- Association of Community Health Improvement
- American Society for Bioethics and Humanities
- American Public Health Association
- Academy Health
- Catholic Health Association, Community Benefit and Leadership Formation advisory boards
- SSM Health Corporation, Board of Directors and Sponsor Board
- Loyola Academy of St. Louis, Board of Members