Mario Schootman, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Research; James R. Kimmey Endowed Chair in Public Health
Office of the Dean
Director of the Ph.D. in Public Health Studies program; Professor
Advanced Epidemiologic Methods
- Ph.D., University of Iowa, 1993
- M.S., Health Science, Vrije University Faculty of Human Movement Sciences in The Netherlands, 1990
Clinical epidemiology; colorectal cancer; geographic disparities; neighborhood effects on health and behavior.
Publications and Media Placements
Schootman has authored or co-authored more than 200 scientific publications and serves
on numerous editorial boards. He has received several NIH R01 grants for his research.
- Schootman M, Nelson EJ, Werner K, Shacham E, Elliott M, Ratnapradipa K, Lian M, McVay
A. Emerging technologies to measure neighborhood conditions in public health: Implications for interventions and next steps. Int J Health Geographics 2016; 1: 1-9.
- Martin DN, Lam TK, Brignole K, Ashing KT, Blot WJ, Burhansstipanov L, Chen JT, Dignan
MB, Gomes SL, Martinez ME, Matthews AK, Palmer JR, Perez-Stable EJ, Schootman M, Vilchis
H, Vu A, Srinivasan S. Recommendations for cancer epidemiologic research in understudied
populations and implications for future needs. Cancer Epidemiol Biom Prev 2016; 25: 573-580
- Boutwell B, Nelson EJ, Emo B, Vaughn M, Schootman M, Rosenfeld R, Lewis R. The intersection of aggregate-level lead exposure and crime. Env Research 2016; 148: 79-85.
Find Mario Schootman on ResearchGate