Jason S. Turner, Ph.D.
Health Management and Policy
Advanced Health Care Finance; Case Competition; Health Care Financial Management; Financial Aspects of Health Care
Ph.D., Health Services Organization and Policy, Finance Cognate, University of Michigan
M.A., Applied Economics, University of Michigan
B.A., Human Biology/Health Administration and Policy, Stanford University
Health care reimbursements; financial health of the health care infrastructure; insurance; community benefit legislation and implementation; outcomes research.
Publications and Media Placements
- Broom, Turner, Brichto (2016), "The State of Competency Assessments: An Analysis Using
CAHME Accreditation Outcomes." Journal of Health Administration Education. – Forthcoming
- Chen, Hauptman, Turner, Buchanan, Boakye, Burroughs (2016). “Is Exenatide Really Linked
to Acute Pancreatitis: A Novel Analytic Examination,” Value in Health, 19(3):A89 DOI: 10.1016/j.jval.2016.03.1309 DOI: 10.1016/j.jval.2016.03.1815.
- Turner, Broom, Goldner, Lee (2016). “What Should We Expect? A Comparison of Community Benefit and Projected Government Support of Maryland Hospitals,” Medical Care Research & Review (2016): v. 73, No 2.
Find Jason Turner on ResearchGate or his personal website.
Honors and Awards
- Terry Leet Award for Teaching Excellence - 2011, College for Public Health and Social Justice, Saint Louis University
Professional Organizations and Associations
- Academy Health
- Academy of Healthcare Management
- American College of Healthcare Executives
- Association of University Programs in Health Administration
- Healthcare Financial Management Association
Turner serves on a number of regional and national education and health care related organizations.