Security Considerations Used In Campus Facility Maintenance
The University's Facilities Services Division is responsible for facilities management, maintenance, custodial, distribution, grounds, mail, parking, University identity card, transportation, and renovation and new construction services.
• Safety and security issues are considered and implemented in the design and placement
of all campus lighting, shrubbery, trees and the like.
• Safety and security issues are considered when planning and designing major renovations
to campus facilities or construction of new facilities on campus.
• Safety and security maintenance requests receive priority over non safety and non emergency
• Public Safety officers and Facilities Services maintenance personnel are expected to promptly
report any safety and security maintenance issues when discovered.
• The University manages a University-wide key system, allowing for prompt lock
changes when lost keys are reported. All University keys on this system are stamped
"Do Not Duplicate."